Tuesday, January 18, 2011

We're off to OZ this spring!

Could it be? Yes it could! Something's coming, something good! So there is a very good chance that we are going to be taking a trip of a life time this March! It's something I've been working on for years, and I still can't believe we're actually going! 1st, I'll tell you how it all began.

Sam has a work partner in Australia and he was chatting with Sam the other night as per usual. I got on the phone with the GGG (his nickname) and said jokingly, "Okay Gregg, we'll be see ya in a couple months down under!" He replied, "well actually, I have this important meeting in Hong Kong on March 16th I would love Sam to be at. Then you guys could fly back to Melbourne with me and spend a few nights at our humble home, then fly on to Sydney from there". I was speechless, he wasn't kidding! I said, "oh my goodness, PLEASE tell Sam all of this, he will never go for it if it's me asking, but YOU on the other hand..."

SAMMY AGREED!

SO, here is our potential plan! Mind you, I haven't checked on flight pricing which is really going to play a big role in our decisions as it's quite pricy to fly that distance. It's very preliminary right now, but a good start!

March 14th - Fly from Toronto to Hong Kong, China
March 15th - Arrive in Hong Kong. Spend 3-4 nights.
March 19th - Fly from Hong Kong to Melbourne, Australia. Spend nights in Melbourne.
March 21st - Fly or train from Melbourne to Sydney for 10 nights.
March 26th - Fly from Sydney to New Zealand for 5 nights.
April 2nd/3rd - Arrive Home!

I am SO beyond excited, ecstatic is more likely the correct word. Now to get cracking on the planning! We would love to do a 3 day outback jeep adventure from Sydney, but other than that, no big ideas yet what else to see and do - although I'm sure there is plenty! Olivia needs a new passport and we all require visas for this trip. Lots of paperwork, booking, reserving etc. but so much fun! If anyone reading this blog who has visited any of the above countries, please do post a comment with any suggestions or ideas for us! That would be greatly appreciated :) I was hoping to get 1 last incredible trip in before Olivia grows out of her stroller! Keep you posted on all the fun planning!

Dreams really can come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment